Barrie Construction Association executive director Alison Smith has sent the following year-end message to the association’s membership:
Dear BCA Members
I would like to begin this Year End Message by saying on behalf of the BCA’s Board of Directors, staff and myself that we thank you for your continuing support. We are now entering our 25th year of continuous operations – a lot of history and tradition to be proud of.
This year has been a strong year for BCA. Membership numbers are consistent, revenues are stable and your board continues to be engaged and involved in strategic planning, oversight and good governance.
Our 2016 board and staff commitments to you as a BCA member . . .
This year we will continue to improve your member experience with our focus on the following goals;
- In networking, we will make events more focused on your businesses success enabling the right connections at the right time.
- In education, we will continue to offer the most popular of our safety training courses. We will also expand our course coverage in critical areas like WSIB Management, Technology in Construction, Construction Documents and Construction 101 for administrative staff.
- In procurement, BestBidz continues to grow, providing access to thousands of construction projects across our region. An increasing number of BCA member firms are also now utilizing On Demand as their exclusive private plan room. It’s a powerful free project tendering tool for all of our members that enables efficient communication of all plans and specs – transforming On Demand into your one-stop shop for all of your public and private sector project opportunities.
- We’ll continue to promote best practices in trade definitions, documents, and nationally standardized construction contracts that will help protect you from litigation.
- As a group representing approximately 16,000 employees, our Buying Power will enable us to lower your operating costs for your company, your employees and your families as we form affiliations with local and national companies who offer services to you at discounted rates.
- We’ll continue to represent you – Advocate and collaborate on your behalf with all relevant departments of the City of Barrie, Municipalities, Infrastructure Ontario, the Ontario Government and Ontario Local Construction Associations.
Finally and in closing, I along with my staff and the Board of Directors wish all members, your families and employees a Merry Christmas and a Happy and prosperous New Year.