We are proud to contribute to the growth of Simcoe County and area by providing opportunities for our members to bid on ICI projects that keep our local economy moving forward. In addition, we ensure that we are always giving back to local charities and organizations that work towards making a better community.
The BCA members love to give back to their community and the Board of Directors is committed to being the conduit that makes this happen.
BCA members supported the following charities and organizations in our community this past year:
- Festival of Trees – Festival of Trees lights are lit during the Santa Claus parade and remain lit till the spring. Fundraising proceeds go to the Rotary Club of Barrie.
- Barrie Food Bank – The Barrie Construction Association was proud to be a community supporter through the launch of the Food Bank Challenge. For every dollar that was donated by our members, the BCA matched it up to $2000.00.
- Lucy’s place – members helped with finishing touches on the motel, an annual donation and provided a New Year Eve dinner for the residents.
- BCA’s Women in Construction group spear-headed campaigns to assist the Women & Children’s Centre and Dress for Success. Members donated supplies, clothing and cash\
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters Bowling – members participated in a virtual bowling challenge and supported the littles with donations.
- Barrie Ball Hockey Club – ensuring that financially disadvantaged children in this community are active in healthy outdoor sports, BCA members helped through the purchase of signage (promoting skilled trades as a career).
- Feeding Families – BCA supported local restaurants and the Food Bank by buying meals. These meals were purchased at restaurants, frozen, and donated to the local foodbank. 100% of the proceeds go to the restaurants, but the food goes to the foodbank.
AND WE’RE NOT DONE YET!!
BCA members will be supporting Parkinson Canada at our August Golf Tournament and we will be donating to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at RVH through sponsorship of the Auxiliary’s 50/50 Draw