As the pandemic restricted the ability to host classroom learning modules, the BCA quickly overhauled our education line-up to virtual learning.
We developed partnerships with industry professionals so that we were able to offer many of our regular courses and many new courses to BCA members in a virtual classroom setting.
Not only did this mean a more efficient learning experience (no travel time!), but it also resulted in cost-savings for members and a more robust schedule as class cancellations became much less frequent.
The courses that are offered are geared towards member success in many different aspects of your business.
Here are just a few:
• Close-Out of a Construction Project
• Communication, Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
• Construction 101 and Beyond •
• Construction 201 – Project Manager and Field Personnel Master Class
• Construction Law • • •
• Effective Meetings & Meeting Minutes
• Ethics in the Construction Industry •
• Interpreting Construction Drawings and Format of Specifications
• Microsoft Excel for Construction (Basic)
• Microsoft Project for Construction •
• Prompt Payment, Properly Invoicing and Leveraging Adjudication in Ontario
• Responding Successfully to a Request for Proposal
• Risk and Change Management for Construction
• The Canadian Construction Industry from 30,000 Feet! for Human Resource Professionals and Recruiters
• The Construction Execution Plan – Project Planning for Success
• Trade Contracts: A Double-Edged Sword
Members who participated in e-learning had the added bonus of enjoying the experience of interacting with members from other associations across Canada and the feedback was overwhelmingly positive.
Watch your inbox Monday mornings for a schedule of upcoming courses, and please reach out to any staff member if there is something that is of interest to you.
Thank you to the members who have participated in our courses and to our professional learning partners: