Ontario Construction Report staff writer
EnerQuality has announced a series of online Canadian made building science courses which are designed to increase the knowledge and credibility of those working in the residential home construction industry. Building Science Basics and Envelope Specialists courses developed by Canadian energy efficiency experts Blue House Energy (BHE) can be taken 24/7 over a period of several weeks and graduates receive a certificate of completion.
Participants can register through EnerQuality at www.enerquality.ca/training (http://goo.gl/pQki1l) for $395 + HST, the organization announced in a news release.
“Understanding the ‘why’ behind energy efficiency improves the quality of the work to be done,” said EnerQuality president Corey McBurney. “These new e-learning courses address this major challenge across the industry, and our certificate of completion ensures proof that trades are well-versed in quality production practices that are unique to our climate.”
“We are very excited to partner with EnerQuality, who has helped to transform the marketplace for energy efficiency and high performance homes,” says Shawna Henderson, CEO of Blue House Energy. “EnerQuality has the highest standards for trainers and their training programs. We’re pleased to have our on-line courses added to EnerQuality’s curriculum, and to have graduates carry a certificate of completion from both of our organizations.”
The news release says the “graphically rich videos” also feature downloadable content and interactive practice exercises that contain real site-based examples.
Benefits of training include:
- reduce call-backs and rework;
- bring the workforce up to speed on energy efficiency standards and code changes;
- get trades and contractors up to speed quickly and inexpensively;
- augment face to face training;
- recognize achievement- graduates get a certificate upon completion;
- boost employee confidence by ensuring workforce can provide the best solutions to customer needs; and
- support self-directed learning, especially for people who have been away from school for a long time or who cannot take time away from their workday.