Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Metrolinx have issued a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for interested parties to design, build and finance the Rutherford Station project. The infrastructure upgrades are required to accommodate the planned expansion of GO Transit rail service on the Barrie line.
The RFQ outlines the scope of work required, which includes:
- New multi-level parking structure with integrated station building;
- Re-design of surface parking, kiss and ride, bus loop and pedestrian access;
- Rail/road grade separation on Rutherford Rd.;
- New rail platforms and full platform canopy; and
- A second heavy rail track and provision for future third express centre track.
This project is part of Metrolinx’s work in support of GO Regional Express Rail (RER).
Major infrastructure updates are required to bring this level of service to communities across the region, including: adding track, modifying GO stations, improving rail crossings, building required systems for electrification and adding new locomotives and train control systems.
The RFQ is the first step in the procurement process to select a team to deliver the project.
IO and Metrolinx will evaluate submissions to prequalify project teams with the relevant construction experience. Teams that qualify will be invited to respond to a request for proposals in fall 2017.
Interested companies must register with www.merx.com to download the RFQ.