The Barrie Construction Association has relayed an invitation for observations/consultations regarding the Ontario Ministry of Labour’s Health and Safety Prevention Program.
The government invitation says observations are invited if you are:
- An employer participating in any of the following Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) prevention programs: Safety Groups Program (SGP), Safe Communities Incentive Program (SCIP) or WorkWell?
- An employer interested in participating in voluntary prevention programs?
- Someone who is committed to building their capacity for and commitment to occupational health and safety?
The consultation period will extend until Jan. 30, 2015.
The Ministry of Labour is seeking input on how to ensure that prevention programs:
- Support workplaces in reaching compliance;
- Encourage workplaces to move beyond minimum compliance to development of a strong health and safety culture and performance;
- Motivate employers of all sizes to participate in voluntary prevention programs; and
- Generate measureable outcomes.
“The input received will be used to evaluate whether existing programs are fine as they are, need to be tweaked or new programs developed,” the announcement says.
You can provide your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org and can visit the relevant website at http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/hs/prevention/ppr to see the consultation paper and more information.