Once again Mother Nature gave us a brilliant day on Friday, June 8, for the BCA tournament at Bear Creek Golf Course, located just outside of Barrie in Utopia.
Thank you to Drew and Lee-Ann Moyer, Lauren Hill, the staff and the grounds crew of Bear Creek Golf Club who ensured that the course was in great shape and that everything ran smoothly.
We were honoured to have some special guests come out to play on our President’s Team: Ian Cunningham, president of the Council of Ontario Construction Associations, Andrea Bourrie, director of planning and building services for the City of Barrie and Tony DeSciscio, manager of purchasing at Georgian College.
Many volunteers are required to co-ordinate the smooth running of the tourney. Special thanks to Diane Harrison of Tri-Tech Weatherproofing Services and our newest BCA board member; Alicia Blow from the BCA; Sunbelt Rentals; Bobcat of Barrie; Wallwin Electrical Services; and Georgian Commercial Fleet Centre who were all kind enough to help us out.
Every year the tournament is sponsored by generous members. This year, thanks go to:
- Lunch and Charity Hole Sponsor – Calow Benefits Group.
- The hole-in-one truck – Organized and sponsored every year by Georgian Commercial Fleet Centre.
- Charity raffle and golf cart raffle – Sponsored by Sunbelt Rentals.
- Excavator Hole-in-One – Sponsored by Bobcat of Barrie.
- The Putting Contest – Sponsored by GTA Construction Report
- Golf balls – Sponsored by Duivenvoorden Haulage.
Numerous members also sponsor the tournament each year through the support of the hole sponsor opportunity. These donations are greatly appreciated by your fellow members. Thank you to:
- Bobcat of Barrie
- Calow Benefits Group Inc
- Corix Water Products Limited Partnership
- Dufferin Construction
- Duivenvoorden Haulage Ltd.
- Eagle Construction Services
- Georgian Glass & Screen/Glass Doctor
- John Eek & Son Ltd
- K. Winter Sanitation Inc.
- K.J. Excavating
- Lafarge Canada Inc.
- Plumbtech Plumbing
- Powell (RH) Contracting
- Rutherford Contracting Inc.
- Telequip Systems Ltd.
- The Jones Consulting Group Ltd.
- The Sarjeant Company Ltd.
- Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company
- Tri-Tech Weatherproofing Services Inc.
- Upper Canada Specialty Hardware Ltd.
- Vipond Inc.
- Walker Aggregates Inc.
- Wamco Waterworks
All of this year’s charity hole and raffle proceeds ($4,970) were donated to the IOOF Seniors Homes Inc. which has been serving the needs of seniors in Ontario for more than 100 years. The organization is committed to serving seniors through the development of new and innovative concepts in support programs, health care services and housing initiatives.