The Office of the Employer Adviser will present a training session on WSIB’s new legislation on Dec. 18 at 11:30 a.m., the Barrie Construction Association reports. The legislation affects independent operators, contractors, home renovators, executive officers and partners engaged in construction. Fines may be levied in January 2014 to those who are not compliant.
The December seminar will review the following:
* Do executive officers have to make a declaration? Yes, find out how.
* Is any part of renovation work exempt?
* Learn about the changes to the definition of independent operator. What changes do I need to make?
* Find out the mandatory changes necessary in order to comply with the clearance certificate process.
* What fines can the WSIB issue for non-compliance? These fines come into effect January 1st, 2014.
Download registration form: http://www.barrieca.com/news_and_events/events/192.html.